Completing a tiny house on a trailer build yourself can be a challenge. One of the most difficult (and costly) parts is getting the overall structure of the house – the shell – successfully built atop a trailer.
Is there a better, faster, and cheaper way to completing your mobile tiny house build than starting from scratch? Yes, there is. Buy a pre-made shell and finish it off yourself!
Buy a Tiny House Shell to Fulfill Your Dream
There’s a few important benefits to buying a tiny house shell instead of a completely finished tiny home:
- tiny house shells are usually cheaper than a fully-built house
- you can put your “stamp” on the design
- less work to change the layout
- most of the heavy lifting is already done!
He’s looking to sell to someone who wants to finish off the build, but he’s willing to do commissioned work if that’s what you want.
Price reflects current condition, exterior finished only. If you would like to finish the interior yourself, I can provide advice and guidance. Or I’d be happy to custom finish the interior to reflect your desired use and personal taste. This solid little structure has endless possibilities; guest house, office, art studio, or permanent abode.
Joseph is asking $27,000 for the shell.
Some more details on the tiny house:
- Extra heavy duty custom made 20′ trailer with tandem 5200 pound rubber torsion axles.
- Hand made radius rafters crafted from reclaimed old growth Douglas fir.
- New premium Jeld-Wen aluminum-clad wood windows with tempered, low-e glass.
- All cedar siding and trim, pre-finished front and back with Cabot Australian Timber Oil.
- Simpson ‘Nantucket’ series clear vertical grain fir door with custom made cedar transom window.
- 30 year standing seam steel roofing.
- All stainless steel flashing and exposed fasteners.
- Highest quality materials and construction, professionally built.